Wednesday, April 1, 2015

About Us


I am Collin Joyce. As an electrical engineer major I have been prompted with what will I do with having this as my career. After I finish my experience at Drexel University, I would like to further my career in the field of power/energy. In this field I would like to improve the efficiency of sustainable energy options as well as work with distribution and generation or power. I would rather not work with coal and natural gas, but I would love to work with nuclear energy if that is my only option. I am a freshman and I will be going on co-op in the fall, with the jobs that I will be looking for would be in the field of PECO. I would love to learn how they operate with such a large grid system and then be able to use that experience and apply it in all my works. As my career progresses, I would like to do more specific work with sustainable energy sources and hopefully paint a bright path for the future.





I am Sang Hoang. I am majoring in electrical engineering . My intention is to study hard  and become successful robotics engineer. I would like  to help to create robots that can serve the community, especially those with disabilities in the future. Working on the project with the great team  helps me to understand more concepts of electricity, and how to apply them to the real world applications. Moreover, the project also enhances my knowledge in design and programming languages. I hope with the experience that I gain from participating in this project will provide me the valuable skills that can be used for my upcoming co-op.



My name is George Swatek and I am an Electrical Engineer. I love working with hardware specifically and got into the field from my experience on my high school robotics team. I learned how to design our robot's circuit board my first year on the team and fell in love with working hands on soldering and drawing schematics. I hope to pursue this passion in my co-ops by working in hands on positions on circuit boards and or on schematics.









My name is Lindsay McCarthy and I am a freshman studying Environmental Engineering. I have always loved being outdoors and have been volunteering at my local nature park to clean solid waste from the Delaware River and Philadelphia. Originally, I came to Drexel with the goal of saving the world by cleaning up man-made pollution through remediation projects. While I am still planning on pursuing environmental remediation work during my co-ops and career after college, -  mainly through solving large-scale disasters and pre-existing pollution sites - I am now leaning toward work in sustainable living and ecologically friendly energy. The experiences that come with working on this project will not only give me a more well-rounded view on my field of engineering, but they will also help guide me in choosing how I will help the effort to heal our world.









1 comment: